my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » BL7 / BL7-RAID / BW7 / BW7-RAID   » HighPoint 370 Raid Controller

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HighPoint 370 Raid Controller
bigddesign
Member # 3916

Rate Member

posted October 27, 2001 10:24     Profile for bigddesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gooday,
I have an Abit BX-133 and it has Raid 0. Motherboard is not starting Hard Drives (probably defective) for the 3rd time. I just ordered an Abit BL7 Raid Motherboard. Can I setup the 370 HighPoint controller and not lose my Data. The Striped Hard Drives are good and I still have the HighPoint software on the Striped Raid. Actually, I have an intermittent problem with my BX-133 motherboard. As I write this e-mail, I have gotten the motherboard to spin the hard drives again and am up and running.

The question I'm asking is: Can I go from the Old Motherboard (Abit BX-133 Raid) to the new Motherboard I ordered (Abit BL7 Raid) and not have to FORMAT my Hard Drives?

Technically, you would think that, because the HighPoint Raid Controller is already installed on my setup of Windows ME, that it would recognize the HighPoint 370 Controller. My only worry is that the new Abit BL7 Raid has a different Driver and will not work with the "Old Driver" from the Abit BX-133.

Luckily, after 2 days of my Main Workstation not spinning the Hard Drives, I have them spinning again (intermittent motherboard). The opportunity of backing up 30 Gigs of Website Design (60 CDs) and $20,000 of software and settings has me worried!!!, but could be done.

It takes me about 3 days to reconfiguire my Main Workstation (40 hours). I'm hoping that you'll tell me that I can boot to my "Raid 0" on the new "Abit BL7 Raid" and everything will be OK.

Thank You,
Dennis M. Brennan
Big D Design http://www.bigdddesign.com

Posts: 11 | From: Seaside Park, NJ. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station