Does ABIT KG7 / KT7A / KT7E mainboard support
AMD AthlonXP processors?
- ABIT KG7 / KG7-RAID mainboard is hardware compatible (ready)
and can support AMD AthlonXP processor via BIOS update.
- ABIT KT7A / KT7A-RAID V1.3 mainboard is hardware compatible
(ready) and can support AMD AthlonXP processor via BIOS update.
- ABIT KT7 / KT7-RAID / KT7E all version and KT7A/KT7A-RAID V1.0/1.1/1.2
cannot support AMD AthlonXP processor.
- ABIT has release BIOS for KG7
and KT7A V1.3 to patch
the CPU model name. If user did not upgrade to the latest bios,
users can also manually set the suitable working frequency for
AMD AthlonXP processors in SoftMenu BIOS.
Setup -> CPU Operating Speed ->User Define
||CPU FSB Clock (MHz)
With above setting users can use AMD AthlonXP processors flawlessly.
The incorrect CPU information during POST can be fix via BIOS
update. If you need install a faster CPU in future, please update
to the latest bios.
- As for KT7 and KT7A old version mainboards, which launched earlier
than AMD AthlonXP processors, they are not hardware compatible
with new CPU.
| * To report a broken link, please send a message to
|* Product names appearing in this site are for identification
purpose only and trademarks and product names or brand names appearing in
this site are property of their respective owners.
FAE Dept., ABIT Computer.