my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium II / Pentium !!! / Celeron Motherboards   » BP6   » Anyone installed Win XP on BP6?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone installed Win XP on BP6?
Vangelis
Member # 3117

posted October 18, 2001 11:19     Profile for Vangelis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi, was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has tried to install Windows XP on the BP6?
Niels Gollesch
Member # 4312

Rate Member

posted November 14, 2001 16:14     Profile for Niels Gollesch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried to install Windows XP professional on the system. But windows XP is providing me its notorious blue screen when it comes to detecting my devices. The following information is displayed on the screen

Plug and Play detected an error most likely caused by a faulty driver.
Technical information
XXX STOP: 0x000000CA (0x00000003 0x8124E688 0xE113AF98 0x00000001)

I removed all my extension cards from the BP6 board and I upgraded my bios to version RU. The only extention card I have is my AGP graphics card, which is a Matrox G450 16 Mb.

I am realy lost here....
Any help would be appreciated,

Niels

Posts: 1 | From: Netherlands, Maastricht | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moby
Member # 4308

posted November 15, 2001 06:04     Profile for Moby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have XP on my Unit and it works properly..no problemo but i have a problem with my sound card it's a A-trend a special card for the 5+1 dolby ...i think i have to buy a Blaster to be safe..but it's good...

I just want to text the BP with 2 celeron 800 PPGA ? but i d'ont know if it works??

Posts: 2 | From: FRANCE | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomeu
Member # 4390

posted November 17, 2001 19:05     Profile for tomeu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
probably your problem is the same as Ihate.
try to use the hpt366 ver 1.23 when the installation ask you for scsi drivers.
when you finish to install Win XP then you can upgrade to 1.25. (if you want).
note: with 1.25 i canīt finish to install the xp.
My disk is a barracuda 7200 ata66.
I have voodoo 3000, scsi adapter, avermedia tv 98, sound blaster, and ethernet.

--------------------

Tomeu Estrany

Posts: 1 | From: spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
thejoker101
Member # 4813

posted December 06, 2001 09:54     Profile for thejoker101   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm running XP fine. I have a problem with my USB ports, they don't work though. I'm running Dual 533 Celerons. Any ideas on what drivers to download to fix this problem?
oneArmedman
Member # 2119

Rate Member

posted December 14, 2001 23:28     Profile for oneArmedman   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was running XP just fine on this board until my power went out, shorted the board i think, and now i can't post past the memory check.
Posts: 9 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
gwneil
Member # 5034

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2001 14:06     Profile for gwneil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't installed Windows XP Professional on my BP6 board, but have on my other computer that has a VA6. It installed fine. Hesitant to install on BP6 due to blocking issue when trying to load XP. Have been thinking that all BP6 owners have the advantage of having 4 IDE plug connections on the mainboard. Two are ATA33 and two are ATA66. You could easily put your ATA66 hard drive on the ATA33 plug and get around the blocking issue this way until XP is loaded, and then load the new 125.1 driver for Windows 2000 in safe mode for ATA66, turn computer off, put ATA66 hard drive back to ATA66 plug, reboot and should run fine.
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station