my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium II / Pentium !!! / Celeron Motherboards   » VH6 / VH6-II / VH6T / VT6X4 / VP6   » Can't change AGP Driving Value??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't change AGP Driving Value??
janeyboy
Member # 3413

Rate Member

posted November 28, 2001 06:39     Profile for janeyboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey

When I Have AGP4x Activated, 3D games doesn't work very well (at all) so I read that I can change the AGP Driving Value. Now, when I change it to for example DA and exit the page and then go back, it hasn't changed to DA, it's still EC or something...

I have a VH6T with the latest bios, please help me!

Posts: 3 | From: Gävle, Sweden | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Member # 4612

Rate Member

posted November 29, 2001 13:12     Profile for Frost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno about you but i've been driving myself crazy trying to get this board to work with XP. I've tried DA, CB for AGP driving values, but to no avail. What I seemed to finally come down to is going back to the default AGP XP driver (which only enables 2x AGP) and setting the AGP driving values back to auto). It would work at DA, but video performance would be dismal. Given with Windows 2000 everything worked fine and fast, with my old video card GF2M. But with my new GF3 Ti 200, i'm pushing it as far as it can go. My advice to you would be just to leave it at 2x AGP until VIA fixes their problem with it. P.S. i've also tried the new VIA AGP driver with the a little better but same results.

Anyhow I hope this helps, I know how crazy this board can get you.

--------------------

ABIT VP6, PIII 733EB @ 770, 2x 256MB PC133, GF3 Ti 200, 10/100 NIC, 10BaseT NIC, Adaptec 2940, Muse Sound Card, IDE 3/4 DVD/Plextor CDRW, Raid IDE 15GB/3x40GB, Antec 300W Server Case.

Posts: 2 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Member # 4612

Rate Member

posted November 29, 2001 14:50     Profile for Frost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, this is still driving me crazy...

I thought it was the AGP causing problems, but after the release of the new NVIDIA drivers 23.10, it'll cause the infamous nd_disp.dll loop back error. So I went back to the old 21.85 drivers, and enabled 4x, fastwrites, sideband addressing and ran it thru 3DMark. Everything went good, got a really good score, and now BSOD's... Theirs something about the 22-23 series drivers that cause the problem in my system. Ohh well, i'm just going to leave it at 21.85 and be happy.

--------------------

ABIT VP6, PIII 733EB @ 770, 2x 256MB PC133, GF3 Ti 200, 10/100 NIC, 10BaseT NIC, Adaptec 2940, Muse Sound Card, IDE 3/4 DVD/Plextor CDRW, Raid IDE 15GB/3x40GB, Antec 300W Server Case.

Posts: 2 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
janeyboy
Member # 3413

Rate Member

posted December 01, 2001 05:13     Profile for janeyboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm I get the NV4_DISP loop error with version 2.1.8.3 (detonator) and I fucking hate it.
Posts: 3 | From: Gävle, Sweden | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station