my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » TH7 iiRaid & event ID 9

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TH7 iiRaid & event ID 9
Denmark
Member # 3819

Rate Member

posted October 23, 2001 21:22     Profile for Denmark   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi there finally moving avay from my old platform BP6 and tiret of the BP6 voltage problems and the evergoing unstability of SMP i recently bought what i hoped should be the end of my problems "but oh no"
ill try to list the probs im now encounting

IRQ 11 or 7 sharing almost all devices
causing slow down "my pointer reacts 1sec delayed"

EVENT ID 9
Source HPT 3XXNT
the device, \Device \SCSI\HPT3XXNT1, did not respond withinn the time out period.

to be honest after the BP6/hpt366 experience im not in the mood to Highpoint trouble

is there any one out there that can help me out on this one
specs as follows

ABIT TH7 II RAID
2x ibm 60GXP 40gb (hpt 370 as raid 0)
2x 256mb samsung pc800 RDRAM
1 ASUS-V7700 Geforce Pro Deluxe 64mb DDR ram
(IDE2 master) Plextor 12/10/32A
(IDE1 Master Pioneer DVD-Rom 104S
PCI 4 / ND010 Ethernetadapter

no other addons

Lars
Member # 3626

Member Rated:

posted October 23, 2001 21:32     Profile for Lars   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The same thing happened to me initially. Go into the bios section called "PnP/PCI Configurations" and set "Force Update ESCD" to "Enabled" and reboot. Make sure you don't have any pci card in pci slot #3 (it shares irq with the HP370 controller). Now I have a lot of stuff in my pc and my NIC is in pci slot #5 (sharing with agp (GF3 in my case)) and this is working fine. I have disabled the build in modem and audio and com2. I use Irq's for USB, agp, com1, lpt1, Fasttrak100 controller, D-Link NIC, SB Live, Mouse (ps2)Onboard HP370 controller and both primary and secondary onboard ATA100 controllers and floppy of course. This is all working fine in win98. I only needed to "reset" the ESCD data once and so should you. Hope it works

--------------------

Abit TH7-II Raid, P4 1.7@2108 512 MB Samsung PC800
Creative GF3@ 240/530, SB Live
2xIBM gxp60 40G raid0 on HP o/b
2xIBM gxp75 30G raid0 on Fasttrak100
Enermax EG465P-VE 431W PSU

Posts: 15 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
M4Carbine
Member # 1768

Rate Member

posted October 23, 2001 23:12     Profile for M4Carbine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sharing IRQs is normal when using ACPI, i assume your using win2000 or XP and its nothing to be worried about

As for the mouse lag its caused by the useless highpoint drivers, if you can get hold of version 1.03 and install them the mouse lag will stop.

--------------------

Silenced or Unsilenced...that is the question

Posts: 32 | From: The Dark Side Of The Moon | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Denmark
Member # 3819

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2001 02:32     Profile for Denmark   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks folks i tried the 1.03 drivers and they solved the event id question but the pointer problem is still present but not as much any more
and i think i found out where the problem comes from
check this out http://www.highpoint-tech.com/370dcl.htm
my brand new ibm 60gxp 40gb is sadly not on that list
i do understand why abit does not show this list together with their promo material
its the shortest compatability list iw ever seen

web page

M4Carbine
Member # 1768

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2001 05:24     Profile for M4Carbine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats quite strange that the drivers didnt totally work. I have 2x 60GXP 40GBs and they work perfectly on the highpoint.

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: The Dark Side Of The Moon | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Denmark
Member # 3819

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2001 15:06     Profile for Denmark   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
m4carbine
what powersupply are you using?
im using 300w q systems
and what video card are you using?
im beginning to suspect these things have a cause on the problem

M4Carbine
Member # 1768

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2001 18:37     Profile for M4Carbine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im using an Enermax 431w PSU and an Elsa Geforce 2 Ultra (21.83 drivers).

The rest of the system is:

TH7II-RAID (with p4 1.7@2)
512MB RAM (Samsung)
Linksys 100TX NIC
Pioneer DVD-105s
Plextor 12/10/32 Writer
SBlive 5.1 platinum
the 2x60gxps and the psu and gfx as above.
All running win2000.

--------------------

GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2001 18:54     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Denmark,
I too have 1 second delays in the mouse. I actually found 2.0 drivers for the HighPoint chipset, but they did not fix the problem.

Check here, the drivers were not found at Highpoint anywhere on their site, Take a look and decide for yourself. I am running them and they have not helped anything in my case, but they have not hurt either.

Direct Link v2.0.1019 http://www.warp2search.net/download.php?op=getit&lid=90

XP-eriance page (Sunday Oct 20th Quote on Right hand side of page) http://www.xp-erience.org/

This problem with mouse lag, does it happen all the time or just after 15minutes of the computer sitting, i.e. are you hard drives spinning down in energy star mode?

Posts: 34 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Copenhagen
Member # 3843

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2001 23:21     Profile for Copenhagen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi its "Denmark" again i had to change profile couldent remember my profiles name!
the mouse thing is still there but not as much as it was before "it feels slow"
and its all the time
batteries brand new (logitech cordless)
my HPT370 driver version says 1.0.174.30880
i changed my video card into a ASUS 8200 Deluxe earlier today and havent tried it out in 3D mark 2001 yet, my scores with the prievious one 7700 was disatster at 2190
low detail / Max Payne hang.
ill be back in a jiffy

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station