my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » New HTP XP drivers for TH7 RAID-SUCK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New HTP XP drivers for TH7 RAID-SUCK
Spanky
Member # 3195

Rate Member

posted October 25, 2001 16:50     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello HighPoint and ABIT,

I just loaded and installed your HTP drivers for the ABIT TH7-RAID, from the ABIT site.

I note following the install of the newest set of drivers, INF, ATA and HTP 7/1/01 Rev 1.0.5 XP, that my RAID 0 setup speeds, tested by Sandra Pro 001, DROPPED from 43000 to 25500! Even refreshing the test only provided a 25553 result.

Under the ORIGINAL HTP drivers, keeping all the newest INF and ATA drivers, version HTP 11-17-00, 1.0174.30880, Rev 1.03b, my RAID 0 speeds are about 41000 to 43000.

What is going on with the new XP HTP drivers from ABIT!

Thank you for your clarification.

Dr. Christensen

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Spanky ]

fish71
Member # 3763

Rate Member

posted October 28, 2001 19:37     Profile for fish71   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dam it, I got the exact same results!!! I even tried the old hp drivers on the disc and still no were close to were I was with ME. Any help out there??
York1
Member # 2178

Rate Member

posted October 28, 2001 20:46     Profile for York1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you tried any of the beta HPT drivers floating around?

--------------------

www.vp6-board.com
Abitboards.com

fish71
Member # 3763

Rate Member

posted October 29, 2001 08:01     Profile for fish71   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I have ...it got a little better but still not near the numbers I was gettiing.
Spanky
Member # 3195

Rate Member

posted October 30, 2001 11:07     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found that the HTP driver that came on the CD gives me 2X's plus speeds, about 41-42K -vs- 19-20K or so. The second HTP driver relase did not work well, and the recent (third) HTP (XP) release... ugh.

Hey York1! You guys are doing a great job on the site. Ah, I remember the days and the long hours of work to maintain the site..... I can't say I miss that part if it.

Warmest regards to you York1,

Spanky

clee
Member # 3878

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2001 13:58     Profile for clee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, me too....Thanks York1. I'm a rookie to this forum and looking for help. Any chance you may have connection with ABIT ?
I've sent tons of email to the ABIT support group w.r.t. new BIOS with no reply. Thx again for maintaining this site.

Posts: 33 | From: portland or | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spanky
Member # 3195

Rate Member

posted October 30, 2001 15:07     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Clee:

This is ABIT's site, and as you may notice, ABIT does not respond to any posts here. A site like this, sponsored by a manufacturer, is a cheap way (virtually free) to provide some sort of support, via users, for users. In my opinion, it is the epitomy of cheap minded administrators looking to look good, but providing nothing themselves (ABIT).

As you may also note, there is much frustration by ABIT users in the lack of meaningful and timely ABIT updates for their products, though they were a bit better with the BP6.

S

clee
Member # 3878

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2001 18:14     Profile for clee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anybody tried out the latest HPT drivers
version v2.0.1019 yet.
I'm still using 1.03b on W2K and XP but while
my Sandra HD scores 45000 in W2K. I still got a dismal 28000 in XP. Wonder if the v2.0.1019 version will help?? Thx!!

Posts: 33 | From: portland or | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nuthinseasy
Member # 4310

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2001 08:38     Profile for nuthinseasy   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could this be a Sandra/XP prob? Has anyone done benchmarking with another prog?
Spanky
Member # 3195

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2001 11:38     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found that Sandra Pro did not like the new, but less than XP release by ABIT, would lock up on it.

However, with the new Sandra 001 it is compatible with XP and seems to accurately show the drive scores. Still, the original Xp ABIT HTP drivers did just over a standard non RAID driver speed, so went back to 103b and have 2 X speeds, low 40,000's.

Hope this helps,

Spanky

Dumkopf
Member # 3102

Rate Member

posted November 25, 2001 13:11     Profile for Dumkopf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well you're doing a damn sight better than me, I'm getting 11k with my RAID-0! I've obviously screwed something up..

I'm using WinXP on the TH7-RAID, I've installed the Intel ATA INF and Ultra ATA then installed the BETA APP ACCELERATOR, all seemed to give me the same result. My RAID is running on UDMA5 which is the best right? It displays correct, everything seems to go fine except my SiSoft Sandra mark seems to be excessivly low.

Specs:
128meg RDRAM
2 x 20gig Seagate Barracuda ATA III (Stripe-0)
TH7-RAID Latest BIOS update (TH736)

I need some help

P.S. Just tested same specs on Win98 (plain install with no additional driver upgrades) and got 22.4k

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Dumkopf ]

mulledp
Member # 4560

Rate Member

posted November 25, 2001 19:14     Profile for mulledp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have 2 seagate baracuda 4 40gb disk in raid 0 .and the scores are 11000 in sisoft sandra .in hdtach the scores are 25000
i8 have tryet all new drivers
( it`s running on winxp )
there seems to be a conflickt whit seagate baracuda 4 and the highpoint raid controler

if i installet the highpoint whit my ibm gxp hd`s in raid 0 there is no problem hmm

so abit ...highpoint...and seagate have to come op whit a salution

sorry my english

--------------------

TH7II RAID
P4 1700
512 MB RDRAM
GTS 2 PRO

Posts: 1 | From: denmark | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spanky
Member # 3195

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2001 01:20     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dumkoff:

"I'm using WinXP on the TH7-RAID, I've installed the Intel ATA INF and Ultra ATA then installed the BETA APP ACCELERATOR, all seemed to give me the same result. My RAID is running on UDMA5 which is the best right? It displays correct, everything seems to go fine except my SiSoft Sandra mark seems to be excessivly low.

Specs:
128meg RDRAM
2 x 20gig Seagate Barracuda ATA III (Stripe-0)
TH7-RAID Latest BIOS update (TH736)"

In my system, the INtel App Accel has royally screwed ther system up... resulting in significant slowdowns of my RAID, by almost half!

I have two IBM Deskstars 30's = 60 gig RAID 0. I have installed the newest of the INtel Inf and ATA drivers, but kept the 103b HTP drivers. I found when I used the more recent HTP drivers , my RAId would again decrease speed by almost 1/2 to 1/3.

I have Sandra 001. Initially Sandra TE froze on the HTP drivers more recent than 103b. Sandra 001 will read from all of the ABit drivers, but 103b seems the quickest and most stable in my system.

Sounds like your RAId is underperforming quite a bit. and yes DMA 5 is correct for RAID (ATA 100).

I dont recall that when I installed the Intel App Acc program, that just uninstalling it, and reinstalling the INf ATA and HTP 103b was sufficient, or if I had to re-do a clean install. I think just the reinstall of the above worked. I tried the INtel App Accel twice, but have not tried the most recent version.

Hope this helps,

Spanky

MrNatural
Member # 1429

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2001 19:14     Profile for MrNatural   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm looking through this thread and I seem to keep coming up with the same question. If you ppl are running Raid on your HighPoint controller then why are you downloading and installing the Intel App Accelerator. If you were like me then I run my HDs on the Raid controller and use XP default drivers for the Intel IDE controllers because all I have on there is my burner/CD.

The Accelerator carries the latest Intel ATA drivers which when installed screws with any other controller because it gives XP the impression that the controller is a SCSI just like the HPT370 is seen.

My advice is loose the Intel Accelerator if you're running on a Raid configuration.

--------------------

Later.

TRSanders
AKA: Mr. Natural
If we go through life walking in the footsteps of others, then we will never leave out own impression

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station