my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » Highpoint new driver v2.0.1019

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Highpoint new driver v2.0.1019
clee
Member # 3878

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2001 08:29     Profile for clee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just installed the latest driver and here's what I found:
1. Sandra HD mark goes up from 45000+ to 45800+.
2. HD Tach shows similar improvement.
3. Suspend ( S3 ) and reboot work fine.
4. Failed to do BIOS update with the included bios file. But highgpoint website states that 1.11.0402 ( came with the mobo ) is the latest.
This driver seems to be better than 1.03b which I've been using for quite a while. I just dumped my XP Pro partition last nite so I don't know how it performs under XP.

Posts: 20 | From: portland or | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
clee
Member # 3878

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2001 08:31     Profile for clee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to download the latest Raid Admin. software ( 2.0.0919) to get it to work with the new driver.
clee
Member # 3878

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2001 14:29     Profile for clee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's me again......while the suspend and reboot work fine with this driver, the"shut down" appears to be buggy. I tried a cple of times already and it hanged. Anybody here tried the new driver and get it to work with the shut down?
Ed
Member # 1719

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2001 13:43     Profile for Ed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My shutdown and reboot is working fine by the standby mode is not. I have updated the BIOS and driver to the latest one which is in the Highpoint web site. Of course I have to modify the orginal BIOS so that it does contain the latest one.

Regards,
Ed

Posts: 12 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station