my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » RDRAM BIOS Options?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RDRAM BIOS Options?
DeBruce
Member # 3479

Rate Member

posted November 20, 2001 20:57     Profile for DeBruce   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the RDRAM options mean in the BIOS? There is the 300/400 setting which I presume is the RAM Speed? What however is the setting (I've forgotten its name, oops!) which can be adjusted between 4x, 5x and 6x. I'm sure I've read somewhere that its to do with RAM current? Help because my RAM is holding back my overclocking and I want to know if I can adjust these settings to help...

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: DeBruce ]

--------------------

P4 1.5 @ 1.6GHz on TH7-II (107MHz FSB) with GForce2 Ultra (Core 300MHz, DDR 520MHz). 128MB x 2 NEC RAMBUS Waitin' for the BIOS Upgrade ABit...

Xeno
Member # 3765

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2001 03:53     Profile for Xeno   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
300/400 is MHz of your RAM.

4x-5x ect... Is your CPU multiplier (usually locked by the CPU (not really adjustable anymore these days))

Then it seems that you adjusted your FSB (which is the only way now-a-days)

However you have to watch what your expansion BUS is running (PCI=33.33MHz) and your AGP runs usually same as FSB.

The only thing you can do to stabilize your system is to bump up the voltage of either the RAM or the CPU (one at a timne in least amount of steps).

Asside from that, I don't know what your asking?

X

M4Carbine
Member # 1768

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 05:06     Profile for M4Carbine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hes talking about the differential current setting, right at the bottom of the softmenu III page. As far as i know you can change it to resolve instability caused by RDRAM, try lowering it and see it it has an effect.

--------------------

Silenced or Unsilenced...that is the question

Posts: 37 | From: The Dark Side Of The Moon | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station