my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » New WinXP and Win2K SoundBlaster Drivers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New WinXP and Win2K SoundBlaster Drivers
GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2001 13:25     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is the URL for the new drivers which work for WinXP and Win2K. http://www.soundblaster.com/support/winxp/

Creative Labs new software policy is here ... http://www.soundblaster.com/software/

The WinXP FAQ is located here ... http://www.soundblaster.com/support/faq/

Creative CD Contents are here ... http://www.soundblaster.com/software/info_sw_live.asp

These WinXP downloadable drivers are "Drivers only" the Playcenter is not there nor Liveware files. If you read Creative Labs new distribution policy (Software Policy URL above) you will find that the Liveware 3.0 and Playcenter 2.5 files are no longer being offered for download.

So ... this is a drivers ONLY URL.
If you wish to have the Liveware and Playcenter files you will have to purchase the new CD from Creative Labs, the cost is for shipping only.

I have found that in WinXP if you load the CD files which came with your sound card the applications will work under WinXP accept for the Creative StartCenter located at the top of your screen. After you load the files from your cd-rom disk, then install the updated drivers everything will work accept for the Creative StartCenter at the top of your screen.
If you do not load the cd-rom files you will have no sound environments, or special effects.

Also 4 channel sound does work in WinXP with the new drivers, just set 4 channel mode in the Creative Mixer, this is where you choose sound effects and activate 2 or 4 channel sound .

Good luck all !!!

I have the SoundBlaster 5.1 Platinum with the LiveTray option, even SP/DIF input works in WinXP utilizing the SP/DIF output of my Hollywood+ DVD decoder card.

The GeekMaster

Posts: 41 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tazz73
Member # 4433

posted November 22, 2001 06:49     Profile for Tazz73   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a TH7 mobo/P1.7/2x128MB Kingston/4x40GB IBM and a SB Live 5.1

I have problems booting the system to w2k/xp from a cold start?

I did a bios upgrade to .36 but still it won;t work, can you explain how you installed the sounblaster because my system runs perfectly (also cold start) without the soundblaster but with it inthere it fails!!!

Tazz

GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Rate Member

posted November 22, 2001 09:07     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Tazz73,
I happen to have the TH7II-Raid board so we are not comparing the exact same board. there are issues with the TH7 which are not present on the TH7II board, such as the >256mb Ram issue. Power related issues may be at play here in your case. I did not have to do anything special, just install all PCI cards, Hard drives and cd-roms and boot off the WinXP cd, (or Win2K cd) both OS's work.

Run setup with or without the HPT newest drivers (WinXP default drivers worked just fine for me) .

I do not OC my 2.0gig P4 socket 478 chip, if you are oc'ing then this may be part of your problem. I use turbo defaults in Bios and leave everything pretty much normal as far as tweeks go, just standard options. Sytem cold and warm boots just fine as well as S3 sleep mode works in oth winXP and 2K.

I install the OS then install cdrom from creative, then install the WinXP/2k upgrade drivers ... that's it.

Hope this helped.

The GeekMaster

Posts: 41 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station