my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » Application Accelerator v2.0.0.2069 Benchmark Scores

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Application Accelerator v2.0.0.2069 Benchmark Scores
GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 22:45     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I took the time to Benchmark the Drivers available to us for the Intel Ports.
1)Microsoft Win2k
2)ATA100 v6.20
3)Intel Application Accelerator v2.0.0.2069 Beta

Sisoft Sandra Pro v1.11.8.53 and Hard Drive Tach v2.61 . Both programs are run in Registered mode.

The test drive is a Western Digital ATA100 7200RMP (WDC WD200BB-00AUA)on Port1 as Master with a 56x Aopen CD-Reader as slave.

Microsoft Win2K SP2 Native Drivers:
SiSoft = 22,309k HD-Tach = 24,302

Intel ATA100 v6.20 Drivers:
SiSoft = 22,043 HD-Tach = 24,298

Intel Application Accelerator 2.0.0.2069 Beta
SiSoft = 20,067 HD-Tach = 24,273

In Summary :
These results would indicate HD-Tach measurement are stable and accurate across all driver platforms. While SiSoft Sandra tests show the IAA v2.0 beta to be an inferior driver comparitively.

HD-Tach seemed to have consistant information, while SiSoft Sandra had a significant drop with the Intel v2.0 Beta Driver.
The SiSoft results should not have had such change. This change in SiSoft could mean that the benchmarking application has a flaw. I have the current reseased version including the most current update file.

Test results show simular performance.( Barring the low numbers for the SiSoft beta test).
It appears these driver perform very closely and there is no real advantage in choosing one driver over another.

There may be other important reasons to choose one driver over another such as "Drive recognition in Device Manager", or the "ability for the system to see a CD-RW correctly".

If speed is the only consideration, all drivers in this test performed with simular performance. There is no real advantage of one driver over another.

The GeekMaster

Posts: 75 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spanky
Member # 3195

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2001 01:11     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geek:

Gracias.... some real world useable info!

S

Ferdinando
Member # 4474

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2001 04:26     Profile for Ferdinando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GeekMaster,

have you tried to benchmark Windows XP with or without these drivers?

Tonight I will try on my system and I will let you know.

Posts: 20 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2001 01:32     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WindowsXP driver Test/Benchmarking Results for IDE1 Intel Port.

1)Microsoft WinXP
2)ATA100 v6.20
3)Intel Application Accelerator v2.0.0.2069 Beta
Sisoft Sandra Pro v1.11.8.53 and Hard Drive Tach v2.61 . Both programs are run in Registered mode.

The test drive is a IBM GXP 20gig ATA100 7200RMP on Port1 as Master with a 56x Aopen CD-Reader as slave.

Microsoft WinXP Native Drivers:
SiSoft = 3,158k HD-Tach = 2,795k

SiSoft = 31,312k HD-Tach = 14,166

SiSoft = 30,528k HD-Tach = 16,824

In Summary :
The WinXP drivers Really Suck.
The Hard Drive Tach program seems to be the most reliable testing application. Sisoft Sandra seems to be a bit quirky in its results; results being severely affected by driver version.

If you compare the Win2K results (Above) with these WinXP results, it appears that the Base Windows drivers are not the best choice. Intel released drivers appear to be the best choice wheather thay are the Application Accelerator or the ATA100 drivers, it doesn't matter. Since the Beta drivers cause SiSoft Sandra to give weird results, I would use Hard Drive Tach as the Quality Testing Application.

The GeekMaster

GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2001 11:25     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOOOPPPSS
I mixed up the test results for WinXP.

The SiSoft Sandra results and the HD Tach results are transposed. I will restate the results again in correct fasion.

Remember we are testing the Intel Port 1 not the HPT ports 3 or 4.
Test drive is an IBM 60GXP 20gig ATA100 7200RPM drive.

Microsoft WinXP Native Drivers:
SiSoft = 2,795k HD-Tach = 3,158k

SiSoft = 14,166k HD-Tach = 31,312k

SiSoft = 16,824k HD-Tach = 30,528k

I feel that the HD-Tach program is a more reliable testing application for Benchmarking your systems Drive performance. SiSoft seems to be a bit wild as far as the range of difference in results, as compared to HD-Tach.

Hard Drive Tach can be downloaded and purchased here ... http://www.tcdlabs.com/hdtach.htm

Sorry for the confusion, I was in a hurry to post the results and get to work this morning.

The GeekMaster

Spanky
Member # 3195

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2001 12:44     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Though no bench marks were written down, my system much prefers the ATA drivers than the Accel App with regard to speed. Very noticable. I am staying with the ATA and 103b. Tried the HTP 2.0 and WOW, lost 1/2 of my RAID speed.

ABIT waaaaaaaaaaaast's up wid dat?

S

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station