my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » HDD LED On PCI IDE Controller

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HDD LED On PCI IDE Controller
mavicaste
Member # 4321

Rate Member

posted November 28, 2001 16:51     Profile for mavicaste   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm getting a PCI IDE controller card to increase the number of channels in my system. I would like to know if the HDD LED would still function if my harddisk is connected to the PCI card?
Posts: 5 | From: Singapore | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Rate Member

posted November 28, 2001 20:03     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Friend,

The answer to your question is YES and NO.

Yes the "Case IDE Light" will still activate.
But NO it will not activate on any drive connected to the Extra IDE card.

Let me explain.
You say you want another IDE card for more IDE devices. Any IDE device you connect to this extra card will not activate the "Case - HD Light"; while the hard drive light is connected to the motherboard.

If you move the "Hard Drive LED" on the case , to the new IDE card, then the drives connected to the IDE card will activate the lED light.(The prior statement is assuming the NEW IDE Card has a connector for HD LRD activety - Usually these cards do have a connector for disk activety).
Also, now that you have moved the case HD LED light off the motherboard, ANY IDE devices , connected to the motherboard, will NOT illuminate the Case LED light.

Just remember,
whatever device the "Case HD LED" is connected to, i.e. Motherboard or extra IDE card, then the devices connected to it will activate the LED.

I hope I explained this well enough.
Let me know if you need furthur assistance.

The GeekMaster

Posts: 63 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
mavicaste
Member # 4321

Rate Member

posted November 29, 2001 00:34     Profile for mavicaste   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks alot for your detailed explantion. I got what you mean.
Posts: 5 | From: Singapore | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station