my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » TH72 MOTBOR

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TH72 MOTBOR
alton b
Member # 4642

Rate Member

posted November 29, 2001 11:25     Profile for alton b   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I JUST START MY SYSTEM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I GOT POST CODE ERROE 05, I CHECK THE MANUAL BUT I DOES NOT GIVE SPECIFIC SOLUTION IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM. WHAT ARE THE NESSARY STEP IN DOING SO
ALTON B

Posts: 2 | From: mt vernon NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spanky
Member # 3195

Rate Member

posted November 30, 2001 10:54     Profile for Spanky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
!!!

I hate it when that happens.

Remove all hardware, including your HD. Leave in you video card, memory, floppy drive (you know that is good?), and CPU. See if you can boot to DOS with a boot disk... if so you have a hardware connection, or bad hardware issue.

If you can not boot to dos, then recheck the memory, CPU, jumper, etc., connnections. I'd remove all the jumpers for the power button, suspend, LED's, etc, and use the powerup button on the motherboard.

Good luck. A lot of folks have had error numbers not in the manual.

S

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Spanky ]

GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2001 21:26     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spanky is correct, start with a bare bones system.
If that does not let you boot to DOS, then since you are most of the way uninstalled., Complete the job.

Take everything out of the case, including the CPU and motherboard and Ram.
Place the MB on the table FLAT on the table, Re-Seat the Ram while the board is Flat on the table( sometimes when you try to seat Ram while the board is in the case, the board flexes. Since you are having boot issues, this would be a good step.

While the board is out, reseat the CPU retainer and replace the cpu and cpu fan onto the Motherboard.

Make sure all standoff jacks are in the correct place and none are missing. The board uses these standoff jacks to provide grounding on the board, if you do not have all the jacks, then the board does not get properly grounded(Important Step). Place the board back into the case.

Place the video card in the system, No floppy, No CD-Rom or Hard drive. Just motherboard and CPU and Ram and VGA card.
You should be avble to go into Bios.
Set the CPU Frequency in the Softmenu III option for your cpu speed, choose failsafe bios defaults NOT optimal (at this time), then reboot.

It should boot and say no operating system found, or somthing like that.

Load the Floppy, then boot to floppy. Make sure in Bios, the Boot order is Floppy,CD-Rom, HD-0 or Raid, Be sure to Enable Floppy as a boot device or "Boot from Floppy-Enable".

If this works, then load a CD-Rom and c-drive. Be sure to format the c-drive and fdisk the c-drive, for now just fdisk win98 disk, and format c:/s from win98 disk.
Reboot from c-drive, take boot floppy out. If this test works and it says booting to Win98 and c-drive comes up, you are home free.
Continue on loading Win2K or WinXP from the CD-Rom drive as a Bootable drive.

The GeekMaster

Posts: 67 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station