my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium4 Motherboards   » TH7-RAID / TH7-II RAID   » Is the new bios for TH7-II necessary?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is the new bios for TH7-II necessary?
DeviLduck
Member # 3499

Rate Member

posted November 30, 2001 07:32     Profile for DeviLduck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This new bios(TH7H4W) upgrades the RAID driver, but not much else is known. For those of us not using the RAID function or the TH7II (non RAID) board, is there a benefit?

Anyone flashing to the new bios notice any fixes or benefits, other than RAID?

I understood that the AGP settings (2/3,1/2,fixed66) problems were already resolved with the original bios & TH7-II boards. (compared to the TH7) Are there still problems with the AGP settings holding/kicking in with TH7-II?

GeekMaster
Member # 3228

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2001 08:18     Profile for GeekMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I flashed to the new Bios and had even more trouble with ACPI StandBy mode, I was forced to revert back to the original Bios.
Both Win2K/XP installs were tested with the same hardware and software, and installed in exactly the same order. Bios 2 just would not do System StandBy in either Win2K or WinXP. I flashed backwards and now both Win2k and WinXP do work in ACPI StandBy.

But the bad thing is BOTH BOIS Releases you have to force UDMA Mode OFF during Win2000 or WinXP setup (If you are using IBM GXP Hard Drives , also some Seagate hard drives)or else you will get Blue Screen Errors.
If you force PIO modes only during windows setup, then install Intel drivers, then finally turning UDMA back on in Bios , the system will work.

Neither BIOS will let your system go to StandBy if you have a Promise Hard drive controller card installed. These Promise cards and IBM drives are common parts, I cann't see why ABIT Engineers cannot fix these problems, and in a timely fashion.

The GeekMaster

Posts: 65 | From: Washington State , USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station