my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Multimedia   » Siluro   » Siluro causes machine to turn off.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Siluro causes machine to turn off.
Ronald D. Plenty
Member # 3443

Rate Member

posted October 05, 2001 14:01     Profile for Ronald D. Plenty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELP! I have been dealing with this thing for a few days now and I'm totally stumped. This is the second Abit Siluro 64MB MX400 I've had and they both do the dame thing. When I install the driver the machine turns off when windows loads from then on. I have taken out all the other cards and still I ahve the same problem. This is true even with brand spankin' new installs too.

HELP!

I got the nVidia driver I got the new VIA 4in1 and I have tweaked the AGP settings in the bios hell of times. I even read the AGP specification to make sure I was doing it right.

The mobo is a Abit K7V too. (makes no sense)

If anyone has any idea, please help.

pHil

3iem.net

Ronald D. Plenty
Member # 3443

Rate Member

posted October 15, 2001 20:15     Profile for Ronald D. Plenty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I figured it out... after almost a month of problems. It was one of my memory chips. I had over a GB of memory and I gues it wasn't being used until the video card drivers tried to run in windows.

Check you memory! I hope this helps someone else. =]

Ronald

York1
Member # 2178

Rate Member

posted October 16, 2001 04:37     Profile for York1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A bad stick of memory can cause wierd problems.Glad you figured it out

--------------------

www.vp6-board.com
Abitboards.com

theoneandonlyaj
Member # 4147

Rate Member

posted November 07, 2001 18:45     Profile for theoneandonlyaj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELP RONALD!
Hello I too have the T400, with windows XP.
I downloaded the 4in1, and the nividia 21.83 detonators, yet every few minutes, and it can be any application running, the computer will suddenly reboot without warning...and when xp resumes after reboot it reports that the vid card was to blame.
PLEASE PLEASE somone help me. I have checked all the ram chip by chip and it still causes the problem, is there anything else i can do...why hasnt abit released a proper driver for XP?

--------------------

Siluro t400
Asus CUv4x-e
1gb ram
1000mhz p3

Posts: 3 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station