my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Misc Terms   » TALK   » voodoo3 card taking up IRQ 11 the same as the controllers!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: voodoo3 card taking up IRQ 11 the same as the controllers!
ronnierae
Member # 4379

Rate Member

posted November 17, 2001 12:53     Profile for ronnierae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I,m having problems installing XP with my Maxtor 15gig HD 7500UDMA66 onto my ABit BE6 motherboard.
Win XP installs fine when i connect this HD via ide33 cable, but not with UDMA66 cable

The udma66 channel works on all other formats of windows.
I have clean installed with the 2k ver 1.28 htp366 driver....and windows XP installs but when i reboot, the system locks up during (verifying pool data)

SPECS:
AWARD MODULAR BIOS v4.51PG
GREEN AGP/PCI/ISA SYSTEM
AWARD PLUG AND PLAY BIOS EXTENSION v1.0A

08/24/1999-i440BX-w83977-2A69KA1UC-MU

I have been informed that I may have to update my bios to (th)
Please if possible could anyone advise me which bios program to use and how to update it.

One possibility could be that I have noticed on startup, I have an AGP voodoo3 card taking up IRQ 11 the same as the controllers! (although windows reports no conflicts)

Would anybody know if i can assign a different irq for this in the bios and how?

I would be greatfull for any assistance.
Thank you in advance

Ronnie from UK

[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: ronnierae ]

Posts: 7 | From: Newcastle UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
York1
Member # 2178

Rate Member

posted November 18, 2001 15:03     Profile for York1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is not currently a driver for XP that supports the 366 chip which may be your problem with the controller.
As far as updating the bios check out this link Bios Flashing How-To
The controller and your video card sharing an IRQ should not cause any problems.

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: York1 ]

--------------------

www.vp6-board.com
Abitboards.com

ronnierae
Member # 4379

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2001 06:40     Profile for ronnierae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah thanks for that York1.

I,m a bit dubious about flashing the bios just yet.........I think I will wait and see
if any other possible remedies come about.

Would you flash the bios or wait?

Cheers

Ronnie

York1
Member # 2178

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2001 09:49     Profile for York1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I use a Bios saviour That way i dont have to worry about having a bad flash.You can check it out here http://www.ioss.com.tw/eg/index.html
Costs about 25$ US but is more than worth it.
In your case it looks to be a driver problem so I dont think a Bios update is going to help you

--------------------

www.vp6-board.com
Abitboards.com

ronnierae
Member # 4379

Rate Member

posted November 20, 2001 09:32     Profile for ronnierae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks York1

I have successfully flashed the mothrboard bios....phew!....to the latest which in my case is BE6_TH.....
I have version HPT366 1.25 contollers in the bios, will I need to flash the bios again to update the hpt366 controllers to ver 1.28

Because one thing I have noticed looking through Q/A
on these boards is that People trying to get xp to recognise their UDMA66 refer to hpt366 controller bios update aswell as windows driver updates.

Is this true If so do you know where it is available?

Once again thanks for your time!

Ronnie from UK

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: ronnierae ]

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station