my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium II / Pentium !!! / Celeron Motherboards   » BH6 Series   » BH-6 Problems

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BH-6 Problems
Paul Dobosz
Member # 2948

Rate Member

posted September 10, 2001 16:58     Profile for Paul Dobosz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have upgraded my BH-6 to the latest bios (ss)but, it still won't boot with a celeron 700mhz processor installed. The bios says it will support this speed (10.5 X 66). Can it be the older SSA card? Is there some way to "force" the board to boot with the 700mhz proc in there?
Thanks in advance.
Paul

Posts: 4 | From: Connecticut,USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rainer
Member # 2970

Rate Member

posted September 11, 2001 10:19     Profile for Rainer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have more or less the same problem.
The machine sticks. I can't run windows 98.
Although i ran another operating system for awhile. I tried to reinstall windows 98. It would not recognize the CDROM. When I switched to the CD drive to try and start the install process the CD reader only spun.
I thought it might be an IRQ conflict and played with those settings. No luck for me.
I used a slotket, and set the jumper to coppermine no go. I unplugged my scsi and sound cards. Scsi did not do anything. Sound card not much. The system invariably froze up running scan disk. Reboots would behave improperly.

Bios is at SS. Flashed it twice. No change. Of course set the CPU speed. Both manual 10.6 x 66 and the menu default.

In short I don't know whats wrong either. A faulty CPU the store passed on to me?

I will try to run it in a newer Mobo. Have to fiend a friend to help there.

Posts: 2 | From: Montreal | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul Dobosz
Member # 2948

Rate Member

posted September 15, 2001 05:04     Profile for Paul Dobosz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just thought I would report the solution to this problem-maybe save someone else's time. Upgraded to a newer Asus slotket card, set the jumpers accordingly, plugged it in and VIOLA !

Will let the 700mhz Celeron cook for a few weeks before cranking it up to speed.

Posts: 4 | From: Connecticut,USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rainer
Member # 2970

Rate Member

posted October 23, 2001 04:48     Profile for Rainer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok,
I found the reason. I had the slotket III set on fixed 66Mhz. When I moved it to auto everything ran like a charm.

Posts: 2 | From: Montreal | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station