my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  FAE Tech-Forum Online   » Intel Pentium II / Pentium !!! / Celeron Motherboards   » BX6 Series   » Uneasy operation of the 1ghz cpu

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uneasy operation of the 1ghz cpu
wayneepalmer
Member # 3820

Rate Member

posted November 28, 2001 05:58     Profile for wayneepalmer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was able to upgrade to a p3-1ghz,100fsb slot 1 on my bx6 2.0, and it generally hauls butt. However, every time I reboot it defaults to a 666mhz(we won't discuss what I feel about that ominous number!!!)I have to manually set all of the softclock settings and I can only get a multiplier of 9 (not 10 or 11, which are not even listed as an option). Even after that, when I save the settings it still gives me a "cpu changed or is unworkable" and I have to F1 to continue. It works but is there anyway around this maze??

--------------------

wayne

Posts: 3 | From: Milwaukee, wi | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dannyai
Member # 2581

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 07:37     Profile for dannyai   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
---------------------
I was able to upgrade to a p3-1ghz,100fsb slot 1 on my bx6 2.0, and it generally hauls butt. However, every time I reboot it defaults to a 666mhz(we won't discuss what I feel about that ominous number!!!)I have to manually set all of the softclock settings and I can only get a multiplier of 9 (not 10 or 11, which are not even listed as an option). Even after that, when I save the settings it still gives me a "cpu changed or is unworkable" and I have to F1 to continue. It works but is there anyway around this maze??
------------------------------------

hello mate
you have obviously been lazy!! hahaha
well i'll answer your questions....

that "cpu is unworkable" message can be got rid of if you disable the "speed error hold"in the bios!!!

and as for multipliers......they dont play a role cause intel chips are multiplier locked if the chip is 20multiplier set it to 2....it will still be 20!!!

that defaulting to 66mhz fsb is one thing i have never heard of or seen!!!
did u set the frontside bus to 100mhz????

what chip did u have before???
are all your cmos settings reseting each time or just your cpu settings?

more details would be nice!!!......

have a go at it again!!!

good luck1!

All times are (GMT +08:00) Taipei  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ABIT Q-Station